Few are aware that Kizhi is not only a museum island. Here you can see a ring of chapels surrounding this historical land. Chapels frame Kizhi like a precious necklace, increasing the sense of individuality of this place. Along with it you will see figurative Kizhi skerries and chapels located on neighbouring islands that surround Kizhi from every side. The original and historical environment of chapels allows you to feel the harmony of the surrounding world and enjoy man-made creation.
Its up to you to decide your starting place: Trip from Kizhi or from Kizhskoe ozherele.
Information about our tip
Comfortable time for trip
from May to October
depend on your wishes and possibilities *
from 4 to 5 hours
Travel program includes
– Water cruise on the high-speed hard cabin speedboat from Velikaya Guba village to Kizhi through breathtaking views of Kizhi skerries of the Onega;
– Informative walk along Kizhi island. In accordance with your desire we can organize excursion service on the island. In this case our guide (employee of the museum “Kizhi”) will wait for you at the appointed time, but this point is better to work out in advance. Along with it, there is another option to join other excursion groups, but it should be agreed with the museum staff. It worth to be mentioned, that in the latter case there is no guarantee that with your arrival the excursion will only begin or will be organized at all;
– Free time on the island;
– Water cruise along monuments of wooden architecture located in the Kizhi skerries. You will have a chance to landing on shore near some chapels in order to familiarize yourself with monument and its natural surroundings;
– Departure from island and return to Velikaya Guba village
Travel time on the one way
Group from 1 to 3 people: 5000 rubles
Group from 4 to 5 people: 1500 rubles per person
Trip along monuments of wooden architecture located in the Kizhi skerries (Kizhskoe ozherele): 5000 rubles
The price includes
– Trip along monuments of wooden architecture: In the Yeglovo village: The Chapel in honor of Most Holy Mother of God «the Joy of All Who Sorrow». In the Nasonovshina village: Saints Peter and Paul chapels. In the Podielniki village: Paraskeva Pyatnitsa Chapel and the chapel of St. Varlaam Khutynsky. In the Vasilyevo village: The Chapel of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. In the Vorob’i village: The Chapel of St. Quiricus and St. Julietta. In the Korba village: The Chapel of the Blessed Virgin Mary
– Transportation from Velikaya Guba village to Kizhi and vice versa
Constructed by Finnish people, pleasure Hard cabin speedboat MV-Marin 5400 HT has excellent seakeeping characteristics. Сarrying capacity of the cabin boat is 6 people. Cruising speed is approximately 50 km/рh.
The boat is equipped with lifejackets for each passenger.
*Strong wind on the Onega can lead to big waves. In this case our travel will be delayed or postponed. We have no right to take risks and put out to the lake in case of storm warning. Сancellation of the trip due to weather conditions happens very seldom, but you should take into account that storm is possible.
Lifehack:Visit the Belfry of the architectural ensemble of the Kizhi Pogost. Do not miss the opportunity to take a look at the sacred island as well as prominent Kizhi skerries from a birds eye view. Enjoy the natural beauty of Kizhi. The height of the belfry is impressive– 30 meters.